When you've been selling a product or offering a service for years, it's easy to get familiar with them. But your leads and customers do not have the same experience and, what's more, they need to learn to use your product or service in a few hours and that has taken you years to achieve.
That is why it is important to create customer training , which includes topics such as tutorials, skills and more so that they can get the most out of your services or products. For many new users, your product or service will be one of the many tools they use in their day-to-day lives, and if they don't immediately recognize its value and how to use it, the conversion rate decreases.
What are the benefits of customer training?
- Recruitment. Training can be part of an inbound marketing or content marketing strategy. Offer training that responds to the needs of your audience and manages to position yourself in search engines such as Google to generate more leads
- Retention. Offering quality content will make you become a reference, and they will come back to you whenever they need it.
- Loyalty. For those users who are already customers, you are offering an extra layer to your product or service, creating added value.
- Recommendation. If your customers know how to use your products and can get more out of them, they will become ambassadors for your business. A person happy with their purchase is more likely to share it with other people.
- Upselling and cross-selling. Offering training also allows your clients to know related products of their interest, without the need for direct advertising.
- Impact on ROI. In the end, training also affects ROI, higher user satisfaction leads to greater renewal and expansion of your services, greater use of the product and also reduces support costs.
What kind of training can we offer to our clients?
- Tutorials.Teach how to use the products they offer and what applications they have.
- Skills + knowledge. Share your knowledge and techniques that you use for your services, but in a generic way, to make yourself known or offer your knowledge to those who cannot pay for the full pack.
- Success stories. Share cases of real clustomers so that they can know the different applications that your products or services have.
- Webinars and conferences. To know first-hand the opinion and doubts of your customers. It requires the availability of clients at a certain time.
- Tests. With the tests you will be able to know the needs of your customers and the level of knowledge they have, before doing training.
- Trends. Talk about the trends in your sector, to become a benchmark.
- Consulting 1 on 1. Create personalized and individual training based on customer needs. Although they can be beneficial, they are difficult to scale and should only be aimed at premium customers.
How to create customer training?
1- Know the entry barriers of your users. What pain points they have and what they need to improve so that they can use your product or service correctly.
2- Create an itinerary that defines well the learning process and the knowledge objectives. For this, you must also be clear about the costumer journey.
For example, an itinerary could be, first of all, a webinar to get to know the product in a generic way, accompanied by a series of on-demand online courses that you can take at your own pace to expand your knowledge, and for those premium customers who require extra services a 1on1 session.
3- Get a training platform. When looking for an LMS, make sure it meets all the necessary requirements. In addition to being easy to use for your users and reflecting your brand, the platform must allow you to personalize training through recommendations, have e-commerce and offer certifications.
In addition, the platform must offer the possibility of obtaining data on the activity of your users. The data is important to be able to see the evolution of your clients and to know the impact on the ROI of your business.
Foxize Cloud is the all-in-one LMS platform that adapts to the needs of any type of company that wants to offer a unique training for customers and / or employees. Regardless of their size or type of training. Sign up now and get a 30-day free trial. No credit card needed.